Wednesday 25 July 2018

NoSQL: “org.apache.cassandra.auth.CassandraRoleManager doesn’t support PASSWORD”

Last week, I was creating my first database User and Role, but I got the below error in Cassandra – InvalidRequest: code=2200 [Invalid query] message=”org.apache.cassandra.auth.CassandraRoleManager doesn’t support PASSWORD”.
For me, this is very important to resolve this problem because the application requires different database users for each process.
I tried many options to solve this error and I have found that cassandra.yaml file require to edit.
It has an authenticator parameter which has by default allow all types of authentication.
You can find this parameter and can change as mentioned below steps.
Old value:
Change with this new value:
Restart your Cassandra service:
Login with default admin Cassandra user:
Additionally, you can also check role manager parameter is exists or not. If below mention parameter does not exist in cassandra.yaml, you can add it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment