Thursday 8 November 2018

Can anyone confirm that phpMyAdmin AllowNoPassword works with MySQL databases?

I have a version of phpMyAdmin located on my local Apache server.
I am trying to login without a password however phpMyAdmin keeps throwing the warning: Login without a password is forbidden by configuration (see AllowNoPassword)
However in my config.php file for phpMyAdmin I have set:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = TRUE;
So I don't know why the message is still appearing.

 Answers


I'm going to check the obvious first and ask if you remembered to copy your config.sample.inc to config.inc.
in most cases on linux you will find config files here: /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php
Second, if you are trying to log in as root, you should have the following lines in your config:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPasswordRoot'] = true;

Hope that helps.



I tested the statement:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPasswordRoot'] = true; 
It did not work out for me.
Instead
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true; 
worked.
Thanks!



Make sure you don't add or uncomment the AllowNoPassword option after the $i++ line.
/* Uncomment the following to enable logging in to passwordless accounts, * after taking note of the associated security risks. */
 $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = TRUE;



Just in file /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php, uncomment or add the line(if not there),
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = TRUE;
It works just Awesome!
if you have any doubt restart apache.
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Cheers!!!



After a lot of trials I found the following solution.
This will work if you copied all phpmyadmin files in /var/www
go to your copied location of phpmyadmin folder in /var/www
copy the config.sample.inc.php file as config.inc.php
edit in config.inc.php the following line:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;
(In original file it was false, change it as true and save it.)
Then you will be able to login phpmyadmin without password.



Others may find, as I did, (working in OS X 10.10.1) that the situation for MAMP PRO (at least in the current release, 3.0.7.3, is different.
All my attempts to apply the remedies suggested here failed. Upon examining the PHP error log I discovered that the index.php that is operating (in /Libary/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/index.php -- at line 43, is deciding NOT to go to the config.inc.php that is discussed here (at /Applications/MAMP/bin/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php) but rather to /Library/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php.
Furthermore, there is no such file there (after a 'successful' install of MAMP PRO), so I'm stuck with the error, and furtherfuthermore, every time I try to put the correct file there, when I restart MAMP PRO, it is not there anymore - something is automatically refreshed to eliminate the config.inc.php I'm putting there. My workaround for now is to do this in MAMP instead of MAMP PRO.

0 comments:

Post a Comment