Thursday 8 November 2018

Mysql: PhpMyAdmin disable admin login

I have Ubuntu, and installed the phpMyAdmin package (currently 4:3.3.2-1). Every 30 minutes, it asks me to enter my username and password, for inactive session timeout. In earlier version of phpMyAdmin, setting a user/pass would entirely skip this login form and keep the session open indefinitely. This installation is on a dev machine (single user on closed private network) and I want to disable, or bypass that login form so I never have to actually input the user/pass again. I tried fiddling with the configuration files (there are like 3, not even sure which one is used) but nothing seems to change.

 Answers


Open config.inc.php on my debian instalation i can find it at /usr/share/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php. Change auth_type and add in the first element on the array like this $cfg['Servers'][1] any data (like a host in $cfg['Servers'][1]['host']) need to auth.
EDIT:
Add this lines before first for statement in config.inc.php:
$cfg['Servers'][1]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][1]['host'] = 'localhost'; //edit if you have db in the other host
$cfg['Servers'][1]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][1]['compress'] = false;
$cfg['Servers'][1]['extension'] = 'mysql';
$cfg['Servers'][1]['user'] = 'root'; //edit this line
$cfg['Servers'][1]['password'] = ''; // edit this line



In my case (Ubuntu 12.04, phpMyAdmin 4) I must edit same file /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php
And I add:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'MyPassword';
AFTER
/* Authentication type */
comment (about line 107)



As an addition to kachar and matthy's answer if you have have phpmyadmin/config.sample.inc.php instead of phpmyadmin/config.inc.php please rename the sample file. It solves in my case and detected as config file.

0 comments:

Post a Comment